Friday, November 6, 2009

Pyramids of Egypt

Pyramids at Giza one of the seven wonders of the world.



12/1/2002




I heard there was a few birds inthis area, And all I wanted was a photo of the pigeon, for my http://nilelife.blogspot.com/





Posted by Picasa







What is in the white building http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/aboat.htm

Transportation and trade were not the only reasons for seaworthy boats to be built in ancient Egypt. The pharaohs also recognized the need for a powerful navy, as is evidenced in this account written by Ramses III to Amen:
I built you ships, freight ships, arched ships with rigging, plying the Big Green (the sea). I manned them with archers, captains and innumerable sailors, to bring the goods of the Land of Tyre and the foreign countries at the end of the world to your storage rooms at Thebes the Victorious.
Many pharaohs achieved incredible feats with their fleets, such as Queen Hatshepsut’s voyage to Punt, but from the 20th dynasty



Posted by Picasa






Posted by Picasa







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Absolutely amazing! A place I must visit some day.